Coach Training For Leaders
Full Training Catalog
All training modules are approved as Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) by the ICF (International Coach Federation). Coach Training for Leaders is an accredited training program by the ICF (International Coach Federation).
- 60 contact hours of training are required to apply for certification at the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level through ICF. Additional requirements also apply.
- 125 contact hours of training are required to apply for certification at the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) level through ICF. Additional requirements also apply.
- Each module may be used for CEU requirements and/or movement toward the next level of certification.
- 10 hours of mentor coaching are required for ACC or PCC certification. See description below.
Following the completion of Module 1 (see below) participants in the Coach Training for Leaders program may choose (mix and match) modules that most closely relate to their specific area of interest.
The coaching foundations module equips the coach with the skills and coaching methods for successful leadership and coaching practice.
- Session 1: Introduction to Coaching
- Session 2: Coaching Skills Set
- Session 3: Establishing the Coaching Relationship
- Session 4: Code of Ethics
- Session 5: Coaching Models
Training includes conversation around the book Co-Active Coaching (4th Edition) by Laura Whitworth, Karen Kimsey-House, Henry Kimsey-House, and Phillip Sandahl.
- Session 1: Advanced Coaching Skills
- Session 2: Coaching Leaders
- Session 3: Coaching for Personal Foundations
- Session 4: Coaching for Call and Vocation
- Session 5: Coaching for Leader Multiplication
* Training includes group conversation around the books Leadership 2.0 by Travis Bradberry, Jean Greaves and Tom Parks, and Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory by Tod Bolsinger.
- Session 1: Team Coaching
- Session 2: Building the Relationship
- Session 3: Assessing the Current Reality
- Session 4: Exploring the Possibilities (Dimensions of Congregational Development)
- Session 5: Action Planning/Leading Change
* Training includes group conversation around the book Shift 2.0: Helping Congregations Back Into Effective Ministry and Shift 2.0 Activation Guide by Phil Maynard.
- Session 1: Setting the Foundation
- Session 2: Advanced Coaching Skills
- Session 3: Individual and Group Discipleship Coaching
- Session 4: Determining the Current Reality
- Session 5: Considering the Possibilities
- Session 6: Creating the Educational Track
- Session 7: Creating the Relational Track
- Session 8: Creating Individual Discipleship Plans
- Session 9: Flow of a Discipleship Process
- Session 10: Resources for Building a Discipleship Process
* Training includes group conversation around the books Membership to Discipleship: Growing Mature Disciples Who Make Disciples by Phil Maynard and Disciple Like Jesus: Making Disciples Like Jesus Who Make Disciples Like Jesus by Phil Maynard and Eddie Pipkin.
- Session 1: Foundations of Group Coaching
- Session 2: Foundations of Groups
- Session 3: Design Elements
- Session 4: Core Skills and Approaches
- Session 5: Exercises
- Session 6: Logistics, Tricky Issues, & Co-Facilitating
- Session 7: Dynamics of Coaching Teams
- Session 8: Practicum
* Training includes assignments and discussions around Effective Group Coaching by Jennifer Britton.
- Session 1: Introduction to Transformational Coaching
- Session 2: Benefits of Exploring Beliefs
- Session 3: Obstacles to Transformational Coaching
- Session 4: Transformational Coaching with HEART
* This module includes conversation about the book Beyond Beliefs: Transformational Coaching with Heart by Vicki Escude, MA, MCC.
This module equips the coach to partner with local congregations in the development of authentic relationships in the church, in the neighborhood, and in the community.
- Session 1: Make a Friend, Be a Friend
- Session 2: Love Your Neighbor
- Session 3: Wherever You Go
- Session 4: Be My Witnesses
- Session 5: Engaging the Community
* This module includes conversation around the material from the book Connect! Creating a Culture of Relationships that Matter by Phil Maynard.
- Session 1: Coaching Skills Review
- Session 2: Discerning
- Session 3: Visioning
- Session 4: Gathering
- Session 5: Worshiping
- Session 6: Discipling
- Session 7: Maturing
- Session 8: Multiplying
* All training materials are provided including: access to Readiness 360 survey, Real Discipleship survey, PDF versions of several books, and an extensive toolbox of assessment tools and planning templates.
2023 Winter/Spring Mentor Coaching Groups
- Tuesdays, February 14, March 14, April 11, and May 16, 2023
- 2:00-4:00 pm (ET) GROUP FULL
- Indicate interest on registration form
*Additional groups may be added if the need arises; you may indicate interest in another option on the registration form.